Saturday, March 10, 2007

Beta Test Results

Overall, the revised atherosclerosis site seemed successful.

57% were in agreement that the navigation worked pretty well with the design & idea
35% enjoyed the color & the style
87% thought the printed piece was exhilarating and
100% think these statistic percentages are true.

HAHAH!! JUST KIDDING! I MADE THOSE UP!

But most people said that it was good to navigate through, the color & style worked together, the information was good and wasn't crammed all on one page, it was informative, the print-out went well with the site, it had a nice "medical" feeling, was patient-friendly, liked the illustrations, and it's calming.

Some said the design was a bit spaced out, watch my graphic design on the pdf!, the color of the type made them think it was blood clot, need an icon to get to printed piece, editorial style a little dry & boring -- i didn't write those!!, just fyi--, wants indication of what page they're on, "Stop smoking" on PDF doesn't make sense if the person already doesn't smoke, like to see color variation, more specific checklist, and I think that's everything. Sorry if I missed some.

So yeah. I'm glad the site was informative-- I would've liked to fix my illustrations better. I'm glad people liked the PDF-- Yeah, the "stop smoking" wouldn't make sense for me-- now that I think about it too-- because I don't smoke so how can I stop? hehe. For the "indication of what page you're on," I HAD rollovers that just wouldn't work when I exported stuff over to Dreamweaver. I'm going to figure that out over break. Yes, color variation would've been nice..
I think maybe the site was too "clinical" looking-- I wished I could've spiced things up to make it look more exciting or "stylish"-- like Brandon's or Mike's-- like smaller type maybe. Less stark colors. More colors. I feel like my PDF was a little more exciting at least.

YEP. I hope everyone learned a little bit from it at the least! My site goal would've been accomplished :) ! alrighty thanks!

No comments: